* Ticket Terms and Conditions of Sale
Australian Bookkeepers Network Pty Ltd ACN 096 035 648 (ABN) is a member-based body supporting Australia’s self-employed bookkeepers. ABN holds a biennial conference which its members and the public, who have registered and paid a registration fee, may attend (Registration).
In 2020 ABN’s conference will be held in Cairns, Queensland over two and a half days between 15 and 17 October 2020 (Conference) at the Pullman International Cairns (Venue).
If you wish to attend the Conference you must read these Terms and Conditions carefully before registering. By registering for the Conference and paying the Registration fee you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
Once you have completed the online Registration processes, your tax invoice acts as proof of purchase for the Conference (Ticket).
Your Ticket grants you admission to the Conference which includes:
- attendance to the Workshop Afternoon on Thursday 15 October 2020 between 1:00pm and 5:00pm;
- morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea, and drinks and nibbles on Friday 16 October 2020; and
- morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner and drinks on Saturday 17 October 2020.
No other benefits, services, or goods are included in the Registration, including but not limited to travel or accommodation.
- Refunds and exchanges
ABN does not offer refunds or exchanges of Registrations for a change of mind or a change in your personal circumstances (including if you are unable to attend the Conference).
Refunds will only be offered:
- where the Conference is cancelled, rescheduled or significantly relocated in circumstances where you cannot reasonably attend the rescheduled or relocated Conference; or
- to the extent required by law.
If you become entitled to a refund, you must apply to ABN for a refund within a reasonable time and provide your Ticket. ABN’s liability is limited to the amount paid for the Registration. ABN will not be liable for any other loss incurred by you, including any travel and accommodation expenses.
ABN recommends you carefully review the terms and conditions of any travel or accommodation providers when arranging your attendance at the Conference, including their refund policies.
- Discounted accommodation
While no accommodation is included in the Registration price, as a Ticket holder you may be entitled to discounted accommodation rates at the Venue.
If you wish to take advantage of the discounted accommodation rates offered by the Venue, you must indicate you wish to reserve a room at the Venue during the Registration process. By indicating you wish to reserve a room, you are authorising and consenting to the Venue using your details to contact you to confirm your booking and secure the discounted accommodation.
Any accommodation you book with the Venue is subject to the applicable terms and conditions of the Venue. Any claims in connection with accommodation at the Venue are the sole responsibility of the Venue and, except to the extent required by law, ABN otherwise has no liability to you in relation to any accommodation.
- Condition of entry
You acknowledge and agree that admission to the Conference is subject to and conditional upon any relevant terms and conditions or requirements of the Venue.
In the event you arrive late to the Conference, you may not be permitted entry until there is a suitable break in Conference to avoid disruption to other attendees.
- Resale of tickets and substitutions
Your Registration is personal to you. You must not resell or transfer your Registration without first contacting ABN so the Registration details can be updated in ABN’s system.
If you are unable to attend the Conference after Registering, and you wish to substitute another member of ABN in your place, you must advise ABN of the name of the substitute attendee as soon as possible.
In the event a Registration or Ticket is sold or otherwise transferred in breach of this condition ABN may refuse the admissions of any person to the Conference whose personal details do not match those of the affected Registration.
ABN may vary these Terms and Conditions at any time by updating them. Variations only apply to Registrations purchased made after the date the Terms and Conditions were last varied.
ABN reserves the right to add, remove, reschedule, and/or vary the advertised Conference programs, prices, speakers, presentations, workshops and seating arrangements at any time.
In these Terms and Conditions:
- where a work or expression is given a particular meaning, other parts of speech and grammatical forms of that word or expression have a corresponding meaning;
- a reference to ‘including’ and similar expressions are not words of limitation;
- a reference to money is to Australian dollars.
Pre-Sale Terms and Conditions
- By Submitting you accept to receive marketing material and notifications from the Australian Bookkeepers Network.
- By registering you will be offered first opportunity to purchase tickets and accommodation, there are strictly limited rooms and tickets available and they will be allocated on a first come first served basis. As part of your pre-registration you will be offered the opportunity to purchase tickets during a pre-sale window before they are made available to the public.
- No deposit is required at this stage, once tickets go on sale a payment will be required to hold your spot.
- Australian Bookkeepers Network reserves the right to close the pre-sale window at any time.
- Pre-sale registrations are non transferable and only available to people who register.
- Conference ticket includes: Two days of speakers, Friday night networking drinks, Saturday night dinner and drinks, lunch, morning and afternoon tea daily.
- Pre-sale deal does not include flights, transportation costs, some meals and additional activities.